Friday, May 20, 2011

DIY Hair Accessory Frame

Continuing on with my new crafting obsession.... I made this adorable hair accessory frame the other day. It was super easy and super cheap so I thought I'd share...

 There are lots of ways to do this project but I chose the easiest way, which involved a hot glue gun, lace, and paint. I bought the tacky picture for $2.50 at a thift store. Even though it was ugly, I could see its potential :) 

I bought this gorgeous lace trim at this quirky fabric store near my house. For this project you can also use ribbon or scraps of fabric. It all just depends on what kind of look you want!

Next, I popped the painting out of the frame and laid down some newspaper so that I could stain the frame. I just mixed a dark brown paint with some water so that I could just cover the frame with a thin coat of paint.



Next, measure the height of your frame and cut several pieces (as many as you want) of your fabric/ribbon/trim and hot glue them vertically to the back of the frame.

Then, hang it up on the wall!!!! (I decided to hang it next to the necklace holder I recently made).

FINALLY! Add your cute little hair clips and accessories :) Voila! Love. Love. Love.


No comments:

Post a Comment