"This is a story of boy meets girl, but you should know upfront, this is not a love story."
So I've been waiting for the perfect occasion and time to blogging. This blog has been up and running with no posts for a few months now. Now here I am, standing in my kitchen preparing myself a strawberry margarita while I stare across the living room at the movie (500) Days of Summer on our small tv screen. I think this is the perfect time to start.
If you know me at all, you know that I am completely in love with this movie. This is my 19th time watching it since I saw it last September. I love everything about this movie. I love the clothes that Summer wears. I love the dialogue. I love the setting. I love the cinematography. I love how relatable it is. I could go on and on. But most of all, I love everything this movie stands for.
I love how it reminds me that although I sometimes try to control and determine my own fate, things will happen that are far beyond my control. Although I may think something suits me perfectly, it could end up being totally wrong for me. Everyone wants things that they can't have at some point in their lives, but it's always important to remind ourselves that God knows what is best for us. And I trust that he will guide me into the direction I'm meant to go. I really do believe that he has wonderful plans for me. Maybe this movie's close relationship to my beliefs is why it has affected me so greatly...or maybe it's just the adorable bows that Summer wears in her ponytails. Who knows really.
-days-of-summer-screenshot.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment