Saturday, April 9, 2011

What's your favorite color?

While using stumbling recently, I discovered a new website that I LOVE. Thought Questions. The website is sort of like one of those old school surveys you used to fill out and forward to your crushes and friends or post as a bulletin on Myspace....except its way better than that. The questions are so deep and amazing and thought provoking and just wonderful. I've spent way too much time browsing the site and thinking about my answers to some of the questions such as...

-What's your favorite sound? Rain on a window. Or really really loud thunder.
-What is there not enough of in the world? Coloring books and swing sets.
-What is something you said you'd never do, but have since done? Drink alcohol. I swore I never would, but my philosophy of drinking has changed a lot since I left high school and entered a more diverse world.
-In one sentence, describe your relationship with your mother. If I can be half the mother she is, I'll have done well for my children.
-What's something you don't like to do, but you're still really good at? Math. Shhh, don't tell anyone.
-How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? I think I'd be older than I am now. Sometimes I feel like I have the mind of an adult but the personality of a child.
-What do you love most about yourself? I think I'm funny. I love that I love children. And I like my legs.
-What book has had the greatest influence on your life? Cold Tangerines by Shauna Niequist
-If you could go back in time and tell your younger self one thing, what would it be? To me at 17: Wear different shoes to your Junior Prom....both heels will break off.
-What is the most valuable life lesson you learned from your parents? Make your own money, don't ever depend on anyone else. And always bring a jacket.

There a lot of deeper questions that I would never share my answers to, much less blog about them, but that's the beauty of this website. It's for thought and nothing else.

No comments:

Post a Comment