Saturday, July 23, 2011

Planner Season

As you may or may not know, I LOVE planning. I love plans, I love planning, I love structure, I love organization. So naturally, shopping for a new planner each year is quite a big ordeal. Most non-planners probably think that all planners are the same. WRONG. They are totally different and it usually takes at least a 45 minute shopping trip to find the perfect one.

I always buy my planners at Office Max. I am always so happy with their selection and I've always been able to dig through everything and find the perfect planner. My perfect planner has to follow a few, non-negotiable guidelines....

1, It must have monthly AND weekly pages. I like to be able to see an overview of my month as well as the smaller details of each week. (I also like the month view to be displayed right before the first week of that same month. Some planners have allll the monthly views in the front. Bleh.)

2. It can't be too big or too small. Pocket-sized planners don't have enough writing space and big planners are too annoying to carry out. My ideal size is about 5"x8" or so.

3. It can NOT have times listed on each day. For example, on each day, some planners have 9am, 10am, etc. I hate this. Sometimes I write little notes that don't correspond to a specific time of day. No pre-written times please.

4. I like planners that follow the school year (July-June)...rather than January-December. These are hard to come by.

5. Fun colors are appreciated but not mandatory.


SOOOO......da da da daaaa! Here is my new planner for the 2011-2012 schoolyear.

 PLANNER! (Mine is in blue)

No comments:

Post a Comment