I know I've said this before, but this semester is BY FAR the busiest semester I've ever had. This schedule only includes my ASU classes, Twinkle Toes classes, and dance rehearsals. Within this already tight schedule I have to fit 15 hours of work at the Memorial Union (this means 7pm-midnight or weekend shifts) and 6 hours of student teaching (usually 7:30-9:30am a few times a week). So literally...I have 51 hours of STUFF to do each week (not including homework). I'm dying. I'm constantly thinking about where I have to be next and what I should be working on. I feel like I never have a moment to sit down except for when I'm laying down to go to sleep.
Last night I had a complete breakdown. Austin, being the wonderful boyfriend that he is, talked me through all of it. He reminded me that this was my LAST year of college, and in fact, my last real semester of classes since I'll be fully student teaching next semester. He made me realize that even though I'm overwhelmed and my plate is totally full, I need to use my free time to actually relax and have fun instead of stressing about what is coming up next. Otherwise, this year is going to fly by and I'm going to have no memories of where all the time went. The past three years have flown by fast enough and I want to make sure that I drag this last one out as long as I possibly can. These memories feel like they happened yesterday.
Freshmen year: Freaking out about the campus-wide internet outage with my dormmate Laura....
Junior year: Celebrating the start of our first year as upperclassman and all our friends being in Tempe again after a long summer apart....
I can't wait to see what memories this year will bring, but I know that I'm not going to let my dumb schedule stand in the way of any of them. I want to be there physically and mentally for every second of my last year at ASU. With that said....let's go to Mill.




No comments:
Post a Comment