Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Austin

As I begin writing this post, I haven't really planned out what I'm going to say. Lately I've been desperately wanting to write a post about Austin, but I didn't want to become one of "those" girls who gush and gush about their significant other when frankly, no one else really cares. But I am finally giving in and I promise that I won't gush and that my love life will not become a frequent topic on my blog.

I've been a serial monogamist since about the 7th grade, boyfriend after boyfriend after boyfriend. Up until this point I sort of just went through the motions of being a girlfriend. Dates, talking, movies, the whole shebang time and time again. Basically, I just liked to have a boy on my arm at all times in case a Homecoming, Prom, or some other extremely important event came along. And then Austin just decided to wander into my life and change me for the better. He is utterly wonderful. He can make me laugh harder than anyone I have ever met. He is smart, hard-working, handsome...I'm gushing, I'm sorry....he's just great.

On our first date we went to see a double feature of Toy Story and Toy Story 2. It was so fun and unique and so inherently "us." We laughed and teased and played and had the best time (despite the fact that I almost crashed my car and scard the daylights out of him). I went home feeling giddy and girly and ecstatic and the rest is history. I can't believe that night was already over a year ago. So many changes have happened since that night but through it all, we are still so happy. I don't know where our relationship is going to take us. I hope it's far. But if it's not, Austin has shown me what it feels like to be in love and has made me an entirely bright and new Sammie. All that I can hope for is that I have brought him the same happinesses he has brought me.

No comments:

Post a Comment