Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Girls

It's hard to be a girl...not because of the physical hardships we have to endure such as pregnancy and menstrual cycles and eyebrow waxing, but because of the wide array of emotions that we have the ability to feel and how quickly they can change. I drive myself crazy with thoughts and scenarios and plans and emotions. It's exhausting. Girls feel emotions so deeply. When I'm happy, I'm happy all the way down to my core. But then unfortunately, when my hair doesn't fall exactly how I want it too, I feel like the world is crumbling around me. I can't even imagine what it is like for men to deal with women. I completely understand their frustrations with our gender and their complaints are totally valid.  I'm not sure how my boyfriend keeps up with me. I'm sure he secretly pulls his hair out when I'm not looking. But there are lots of sweets things about girls too. We can wear pink. We look so pretty when we're wearing an outfit that we think we look great in. We have cute little laughs. We can wear high heels and cute girly shoes. We can cook. We are good huggers. We look cute bundled up in the winter time. We are great story tellers. And one day, we can be a mommy. Girls are so great. So here's to all the mothers, daughters, sisters, wives, and girlfriends out there....YOU'RE PERFECT.

No comments:

Post a Comment