Sunday, December 19, 2010

The Home Team

I just finished the book "Bittersweet" by Shauna Niequist. This writer is brilliant. I latch on to every single one of her words. No sentence goes unloved. However, a few chapters in particular stuck out to me. One of them being "The Home Team."
"Everybody has a home team: It's the people who, near or far, know everything that's wrong with you and love you anyway. The home team people are the ones you can text with five minutes' notice, saying, 'I'm on my way, and I'm bringing tacos.' There are two reasons you need to know who your home team is. First, you need to know who they are because they need you....These are your people, your middle-of-the-night, no-matter-what people. The second reason you need to know who your home team is, is because then you know who your home team is not. Everyone else is everyone else. "
This chapter really got me thinking about who my home team is. I've found that my home team is scattered around the United States. My home team is constantly changing, increasing, and decreasing with each passing day. So this post is for my home team....in Las Vegas, Tempe, Texas, Azusa, Washington D.C., New York, and everywhere else. I love you. You have no idea the joy you bring to my life. I hope that I can always be as great of a player on your team as you have been on mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment